CAAs RESPOND TO THE DESTRUCTIVE FORCE OF HURRICANE SANDY
Please send us your photos and stories
As the impact of Hurricane Sandy is felt up and down the east coast, Community Action Agencies are caring both for their communities as well as their staff who have been affected. We know that many Community Action Agencies will want to reach out to offer assistance.
While still early in the recovery effort, we have identified several CAAs that have online donation portals. If you know other CAAs that have online donation portals that we should add to our list, please send them to Dini Stewart.
• Sandy Aftermath Fund for Economic Recovery (SAFER) - statewide. For more information, click here .
• Bayonne Economic Opportunity Partnership
• HOPES CAP, Inc in Hoboken
• Community Renewal Team, Inc. in Hartford
• Action for Bridgeport Community Development, Inc. (A.B.C.D.)
• CTE, Inc. in Stamford
• TEAM, Inc. in Derby
• Community Action Agency of New Haven, Inc.
• Family Resources Community Action in Woonsocket
• Westbay Community Action, Inc. in Warwick
• In New York, you may donate through the NYS Community Action Association’s site and note in the Designation Box to which New York-based CAA you wish to donate.
• ECO of Nassau County
• Community Action Angels, of Community Action for Wyoming County in Perry, focuses on children.